I appreciate that I am one of the lucky ones as I have never had to worry about childcare as my previous job at the Convent allowed me to take (not so) little H along.
My current job is term time only so again I don't have to worry about who is going to look after him while I am at work, especially now when he is at an age where he doesn't need looking after as such but still needs supervising.
I made a list, it's a very long list of all the things I hope to do while I'm off, what I will actually achieve is another story altogether!
Here are just a few of of the things on THE LIST
1. over haul spare room which is currently a dumping ground for my
2. try new recipes as I will have all day to rustle up something interesting... fish fingers will be banished to the back of the freezer and saved for emergencies only (like when I forget iv'e put something interesting in the oven and burn it to a cinder!)
3. watch a film at least one afternoon a week.... without nodding off
4. Get at least half way down the W.I.P's basket.
5. take (not so) little H clothes shopping for the holidays.
6. rob a bank in order to achieve above task.
7. tackle the small mountain that is my ironing pile.
8. paint tea trolley.
10. potter- I love to potter and I must admit I am very good at it, so I can safely say this is one thing I'm sure I will be able to cross off THE LIST
Squeezed in amongst this hive of activity will be our annual camping trip and this year as some of you already know we are heading off to Southwold (never been before) via Norfolk (been loads of times before) and I for one can't wait.
All we need now is some much longed for sunshine as I fear another two weeks of damp miserable weather spent in the campervan will finally send Mr. H over the edge!
Just a quick chicken update... our two remaining chooks are doing grand with no sign of any illness, so we decided it was high time we introduced Bruce.......... so with bated breath and hands over eyes we let him off the lead and let the girls run free.
It could have quite easily gone t**s up but I am happy to report that he was an absolute star and apart from having a little sniff at their nether regions he was quite happy to let them do their own thing. This means we have been able to give them much more freedom and in return they are rewarding us with two eggs each day.