Monday 2 July 2012

Didn't we have a luvverley time

Okay so we didn't manage to get Stone Roses tickets (gutted was the only way to describe how we felt) but not to be disheartened we decided to have a tootle up to North Yorkshire - Whitby to be precise, one of our most favourite places ever.
A whistle stop tour to Levisham to eat our picnic was made even more enjoyable when not one, but two steam trains rolled into to the station.




Levisham is a small but perfectly formed station on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway between Goathland and Pickering and it's where the Santa special makes it's stop every year. Sadly little H is far too old for this now but we did this every Christmas up until a couple of years ago when we decided it was time to call it a day when we realised he was the oldest child on the train!

I will never tire of these views




Back to today and we had a beach day in mind but as the weather was being it's usual unpredictable self we had to mix things up a bit and being as I had heard about a fabulous new vintagey place here it seemed like the perfect opportunity to go and have a peek.



OH MY.... I was in heaven, such a beautiful shop packed floor to ceiling (I'm not kidding) with vintage gorgeousness and the owner Trudie was such a lovely friendly gal who even allowed Bruce (our dog) in for a browse!




We got to chatting as you do, but the more we chatted the more the boys started to get restless so in the end I came away empty handed but never fear I WILL be back in the very near future.

We had a great day and between the heavy but short lived downpours the sun shone gloriously. Ice creams were devoured by the whale bones while watching a spitfire fly past to mark armed forces day, and by 4 o'clock we were on Sandsend beach dipping our toes in the icy cold water.






A day here is never enough for us, in fact a week is not enough and we are always sad to say goodbye, especially when the sun is still shining.





Fish and chips on the way home finished the day of perfectly.

What is it about the sea air that makes you soooooo sleepy? despite my very best efforts to keep my eyes open I failed miserably and dropped off before we even reached York, however when I opened my eyes I was greeted with this magnificent sight.


I can honestly say I have never seen a more beautiful rainbow, the colours were so vivid.

It was straight off to bed as we were all cream crackered and Sunday meant an early start, as Sunday as we all know is car boot day

more about that in the next intstallment



hope you all had a great weekend
: )

No comments:

Post a Comment