Friday 22 June 2012

Gadgetry

As some of you may know because let's face it, I bang on about it often enough I am now a regular user of public transport, and I have to say I absolutely HATE it. It's unreliable, it's uncomfortable and it's very often smelly and I have yet to come across a driver who has a basic understanding of common courtesy.
Unfortunately the cost of parking in the town centre, even if you are lucky enough to find a space is so expensive and because I only work part time it's just makes more sense for me to catch the bus.

However this little beauty has made my journey that little bit more bearable


I wasn't quite sure what to make of it when I unwrapped it on Christmas morning (sorry Mr. H)
you see I am a book lover addict and somehow it just felt wrong.
I liked the idea of being able to have hundreds of books stored in this tiny little thing and being able to make more space on the bookshelf but on the other hand I just love real books.
It was going to take some getting used to but do you know what....................I absolutely LOVE it.

Of course I had to make a cover for my new gadget, which in theory seemed like such a good idea, but in practice proved slightly more difficult as my machine sewing skills leave a lot to be desired. I unpicked it more times than I care to mention and it took a good few hours to complete but I was actually quite pleased with the end result.


Check out the felt lining!


Speaking of gadgets, It's ages since I used my trusty old ancient i pod, so I thought it was about time I dug it out and put some new stuff on it.


Note to self: put new i pod on Christmas list!


I used to love the app on facebook where you would be asked to list your top 5 things on all manner of subjects and one of the things you could do was to set your i pod to shuffle and post the first 5 songs that came up, so out of pure curiosity I thought I would give it a whirl.
I think it was Living Social, does anyone else remember it?
I promise I haven't cheated, these are the actual tracks in this order...........here goes *cringing*
track 1 505 - Arctic Monkeys
track 2 Kiss with a fist - Florence and The Machine
track 3 L.S.F - Kasabian
track 4 Then - Charlatans
track 5 Love like a fountain - Ian Brown

Well that wasn't too shabby was it? I was convinced that old Boyzone track was going to rear it's ugly head just to embarrass me!

Sadly this app is no longer available and I have had to search for new useless activities to keep me occupied.......All I can say is Thank goodness for Pinterest!!!


Have a great weekend : )




No comments:

Post a Comment