Friday 24 February 2012

That Friday feeling

I can't believe it's Friday already, this week has flown by. I think its due to the fact that the blue eyed boy didn't go back to school until Tuesday due to a teacher training day. Apparently half of his class took in Monday's books instead of Tuesday's - my boy included OOOPS!

Despite the fact I am in between jobs at the moment due to recent redundancy and at home all week, I still get that Friday feeling.
Our weekend starts at around 4.30p.m when the boys arrive home from school/work and bags are emptied and uniform and p.e kits are tipped into the wash basket. This is my absolute favourite time of the week knowing you still have the whole weekend stretching out before you, knowing you can pretty much do what you like without having to clock watch.
Having said all that, we do have plans for both days this weekend. We have been invited to a meal on Saturday evening at our nephew's house, and I have to say his partner is the most fantastic hostess, (hope you are reading this Lesley!) and I know by Monday I will weigh at least a stone heavier :(
Blue eyed boy is going to his aunties for a sleepover with his two cousins, that lady has the patience of a Saint!

Sunday the boys are off to the footy which means a lovely peaceful day for me with plenty of this


this


and possibly some of this, weather permitting

Happy Friday everyone and have a great weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't those weeks go fast, can't believe its nearly March already, hope you have a lovely weekend, were doing a bit of hard landscaping in the garden so that will be fun. Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOH I love a bit of hard landscaping, especially when its a little bit chilly as you have to work hard to keep warm!
      Have a great weekend yourself and don't work too hard! : )

      Delete