Thursday 6 September 2012

Waving goodbye to Summer

 I had a feeling the summer holidays  would go quickly this year but I can't quite believe just how quickly, it seems  everyone I speak to seems to be saying the same.
Despite the lovely weather we've been having up here in the North  I can already feel Autumn slowly creeping in and dare I say it but my thoughts have been turning to that most wonderful time of the year  and surely anyone who is on pinterest  can't fail to notice the amount of Christmassy pins on there at the moment.
Not so little H returned to school today with a spring in his step and to my amazement I didn't even have to drag him from his bed.
 I have loved spending some time with him even though we didn't do that much together.  He spent the majority of the holidays with his friends, playing footie,throwing water bombs and generally doing what boys his age should be doing but  it was nice just being there, even if it was just having a sandwich together, talking to the chickens or just watching Come Dine With Me we watch it together in secret when Mr. H is at work
 I realise it's times like these that are precious and how lucky I am to have had this summer at home.



 Remember THE LIST?  well I didn't get very far and only managed to cross off a few things.

 1. over haul spare room which is currently a dumping ground for my junk AHEM important craft supplies.

2. try new recipes as I will have all day to rustle up something interesting... fish fingers will be banished to the back of the freezer and saved for emergencies only (like when I forget iv'e put something interesting in the oven and burn it to a cinder!)

3. watch a film at least one afternoon a week.... without nodding off

4. Get at least half way down the W.I.P's basket.

5. take (not so) little H clothes shopping for the holidays.

6. rob a bank in order to achieve above task.

7. tackle the small mountain that is my ironing pile.

8. paint tea trolley.

9. transform oneself back into the domestic goddess I once was (or at least I liked to think I was!) o.k crossed this off as this ain't ever gonna happen!!!

10. potter

So as you can see not much got done really, I did tackle the ironing twice in fact, but it just continues  to grow when  I'm not looking.
 I'm also working on the W.I.P's basket and although I've not actually completed anything yet by the same token I haven't started any new projects either unless you count the granny square blanket I started on holiday - OOOPS!!!


Anyway moving on........ as promised here is a little round up of my latest haul
Some  I picked up on our holibobs and some  I found at our local car boot on Sunday.




Sorry the photos aren't great  but still a fantastic haul even if I do say so myself!

Now you may remember in my last post I mentioned news regarding my job.........Well it all happened really quickly and rather unexpectedly but I have another job, a new job, an exciting new job.
to cut a very long story short I heard there was a  vacancy at a local school for a cook which sounded perfect for me as it's 10 minutes walk from my house.... so  I called the number and had a lovely chat with a lovely lady who informed me that although it was a cook they were looking for,  they wanted someone who could  run the community  cafe which is located within the school grounds *gulps
Well this sounded right up my street - literally!
So before I knew it I was filling out the application form. I had an interview about a week later and the very same afternoon they called me to offer me the job and the rest as they say is history.

I called into town last week to say my goodbyes to my fellow workers at H.S.B.C and even though I had only known them for a short time I felt a little bit sad knowing I wouldn't be working there again, but we have said we will stay in touch and whenever I'm in town I plan to pop in.

So far I'm really enjoying the job and Iv'e been given free reign so I'm itching to get started with new ideas and make changes.
The school employed  a new Catering Assistant at the same time as me so we are a new team together and rubbing along very nicely, hopefully between the two of us we will make it a great success.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend as I am doing something I have been looking forward to for ages so I will tell you all about that next week- hopefully with some fantastic pictures.........well pictures anyway!
Monday I'm off to see Noel Gallagher again for the second time so lots to look forward to.
Hope you have a great weekend
: )

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the community cafe, I used to manage one, volunteers did the cooking, good job as I'm not an accomplished cook! It was very well attended and a good, affordable meal for the families who used it, great memories! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ada. It has so much potential, I'm really hoping I can turn it around so that it gets funding again next year because if not there is a good chance I could be out of a job again. Keep everything crossed for me.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new job sounds great, good luck with the changes. Although I love a good list it can be depressing some times!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great and scary at the same time.
    Have a great weekend and thanks for your lovely comments
    : )

    ReplyDelete